Counseling Services for Youth, Adults & Families
Welcome. Thanks for looking at my website & checking me out. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you...
For well over 15 years in a variety of settings, I have been counseling and mentoring clients who are coping with difficult life situations in self-defeating ways. In my current downtown office setting, I draw on my foundational training in Wilderness Therapy and Adventure Education and integrate it with my master's level education in experiential based learning, body-centered practices, and mindfulness.
When working with clients, I strive to address the multitude of parts at play that are either negatively and/or positively impacting the client. Often clients are not fully aware of how they are being acted on and in turn reacting to their environment. My goal is to assist clients in responding to life with discriminating awareness, wise mind and empathy. The skills I have honed over the years as a group facilitator, educator, and guide now serve me in guiding clients to discover how to resolve internal/external problems in a non-aggressive, productive and nurturing manner.
As a result of varied life experiences and professional development specifically in mindfulness and nature centered rites of passage work, I have the ability as a counselor to truly sit with my clients, listen to their stories, and reflect back to them with compassion and directness that which I believe will support them in their desire to live a more healthy and meaningful life.
- Skilled in serving youth and young adults
- Offering counsel to adults in the midst of difficult life transitions related to changes in work/school and/or significant relationships
- Supporting parents and families in communicating effectively during times of stress/upheavel
- Practicing mindfulness based and experiential oriented psychotherapy
- Supporting clients working through trauma & abuse
- Serving couples seeking to develop an increased level of insight in order to resolve conflict
- Assisting clients in discovering the patience, awareness, & compassion required to transform challenges & overcome impasses
- Supporting clients in addressing issues of addiction
- Working in conjunction with Guardian ad Litem's, Juvenile Probation & the court system
- Specializing in supporting adult men in balancing work, family, and relationships.
"For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks."
KEITH E POYNTER, MA LMHC ® 1903 D Street Suite #3, Bellingham,WA 98225 PH 360.410.1751
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor practicing in Bellingham, WA. I received a BA in Sociology from the University of Georgia in 1992 and a MA in Transpersonal Psychology with an emphasis in Wilderness Therapy from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado in 2005. I am a current member of the esteemed group, Associates in Mental Health.