Counseling Services for Youth, Adults & Families
Welcome. Thanks for looking at my website & checking me out. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you...
For well over 15 years in a variety of settings, I have been counseling and mentoring clients who are coping with difficult life situations in self-defeating ways. In my current downtown office setting, I draw on my foundational training in Wilderness Therapy and Adventure Education and integrate it with my master's level education in experiential based learning, body-centered practices, and mindfulness.
When working with families, I strive to positively impact the family dynamics at play by focusing on the entire system and thus, include parents & multiple family members in the counseling process when appropriate. The skills I have honed over the years as a group facilitator, educator, and guide now serve me in helping family members, parents, and couples discover consensus, learn how to discuss problems without attacking & blaming, and develop ways to voice their needs in a non-aggressive, productive and nurturing manner.
As a result of varied life experiences and professional development specifically in mindfulness and nature centered rites of passage work, I have the ability as a counselor to truly sit with my clients, listen to their stories, and reflect back to them with compassion and directness that which I believe will support them in their desire to live a more healthy and meaningful life. I am committed to being a positive influence of change within my local community.
- Specializing in serving youth and young adults
- Offering counsel to adults in the midst of difficult life transitions
- Supporting parents and families in communicating effectively during times of stress/upheavel
- Practicing mindfulness based and experiential oriented psychotherapy
- Supporting clients working through trauma & abuse
- Serving couples seeking to develop an increased level of insight in order to resolve conflict
- Assisting clients in discovering the patience, awareness, & compassion required to transform challenges & overcome impasses
- Supporting clients in addressing issues of addiction
- Working in conjunction with Guardian ad Litem's, Juvenile Probation & the court system
"For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks."
KEITH E POYNTER, MA LMHC ® 1903 D Street Suite #1, Bellingham,WA 98225 PH 360.410.1751
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor practicing in Bellingham, WA. I received a BA in Sociology from the University of Georgia in 1992 and a MA in Transpersonal Psychology with an emphasis in Wilderness Therapy from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado in 2005. I am a current member of the esteemed group, Associates in Mental Health.